Roger Cook shows Kevin O’Connor a few ways to handle storm water, including French drains, channel drains, and dry-wells.
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Monday, August 14, 2017
Friday, August 11, 2017
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Saturday, August 5, 2017
Selecting a hardscape sealer to use on pavers, natural stone, or decorative concrete can be challenging. There are lots of buying options. In this video, we take a few minutes to show you a live stain resistance demonstration, breakdown some of those buying options, and explain why Molecule brand sealers brought to you by TechniSoil are worth considering.
We discuss four products in particular; Molecule [DS] Driveway Sealer; Molecule [JSS] Paver Joint Stabilizer & Sealer; Molecule [VMS] Vertical Masonry Sealer, and; Molecule [HS] Hardscape Shampoo.
Each Molecule brand product is power-packed with a penetrating, stain resistant polymer formulation. The beading effect repels nearly any liquid at the surface level, drastically reducing stain penetration which can cause permanent discoloration.
Each individual Molecule brand product is then specifically formulated to work on a variety of applications.
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Shopping List for How to Build a Timber Retaining Wall:
- 1x3 wood stakes and nylon string, used to establish layout lines for timbers
- 6x8-inch pressure-treated landscaping timbers, used to build retaining wall
- wood preservative, to treat cut ends of timbers
- 3/4-inch stone, used as base and drainage material
- landscaping filter fabric, used to prevent soil from clogging drainpipe
- 4-inch-diameter perforated drainage pipe, for draining water away from retaining wall
- 1/2-inch-diameter (No. 4) x 4-foot-long metal reinforcing bar, used to stake timbers and dead men to ground
- 12-inch landscaping screws, for fastening together the landscaping timbers
- bark mulch, used to cover the ground in front of the retaining wall
Tools for How to Build a Timber Retaining Wall:
- hand tamper, used to compact the soil and stone base
- wheelbarrow, used to transport stone and mulch to jobsite
- shovel, for excavating the ground
- circular saw, used to cut timbers
- impact driver, used to drive landscaping screws into timbers
- drill/driver with 9/16-inch-diameter spade bit, used to bore holes in timbers for rebar stakes
- sledgehammer, used to drive in rebar and wood stakes
- 6-foot level
- torpedo level
- foam paint brush